Amateur bodybuilder and "Synthol" use. Risks.

Patient

Q: I'm a amateur bodybuilder And have Small calves and was wondering if using synthol was a good idea, it's an oil based non steroidal product that you can use as a site injection deep into the muscle head which stretches the fascia allowing the muscle To grow in the space created by the Oul, is this safe? Genetics has made it difficult For my cakes to grow and fascia stretching I heard is the way to go

Doctor

A:    Synthol is an intramuscular fatty acid ,this product works  becoming encapsulated between thebundles of muscle fibers. Upon repeated injections, a huge bolus of the oil accumulates, adding volume to the injected muscle. About 30% of the amount injected will be broken down by your enzyme system and is metabolized like a normal fat .Because of the structure of Synthol and the fast encapsulation your enzyme system, your body has a real hard time spotting the substance and breaking it down. Supposedly if you use this product correctly you won't come down with any kind of infection or any really bad side effects. To get no detrimental effects you have to be careful about the amounts you inject the first couple of times. It is very important for you to know that injecting any significant amount of fatty-acid material intramuscularly can be extremely dangerous. When you jab a syringe into a muscle without any knowledge or regard to nerve distribution, you may hit a nerve and possibly cause permanent paralysis of groups of muscle fibers within that area. And besides the increased possibility of developing abscesses, there is also the possibility you might inject the fat into a vein or artery and cause serious tissue damage downstream. If this is accidentally injected into a vein or artery, it could be transported into the lungs, possibly causing a "pulmonary embolism" or perhaps even into the brain, causing a “stroke." It's also known that injecting fatty acids into the system can lead to a condition where blood clots can develop, resulting in acute coronary events and strokes." The bottom line is that you need to weigh the risks to benefits ratio for yourself and decide if it is worth it for you to take those risks.