Amenorrhea

Patient: I havent had my period in 3 months i took a home pregnancy test and it was negative, is there another reson that i wouldnt have had it. i have also been off the pill for about 4 months and my fist period after that was 2 weeks late and i havnt had one sence. and i get a lot of kidny infections so im on antibiodics alot would it have anything to do with it or with why the test was negative? and ive been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months any tips?

Doctor: Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation one or more missed menstrual periods. Secondary amenorrhea occurs when you wer e previously menstruating, but then stopped having periods. If you’re sexually active and otherwise healthy, pregnancy is the most likely reason you’ve missed a period.Some women who take birth control pills may not have periods. When oral contraceptives are stopped, it may take three to six months to resume regular ovulation and menstruation. Certain medications can cause menstrual periods to stop. For example, antidepressants, antipsychotics, some chemotherapy drugs and oral corticosteroids can cause amenorrhea.Also one of the most common causes is polycystic ovarian syndrome, exercise, changes in your diet and many others. The best recommendation I can give you is to consult your gynecologist for a more detailed stud, blood work and other diagnosis tool to rule out the exact cause of your condition.