An employee informed us that she had shingles today Has

Patient

Q: An employee informed us that she had shingles today. Has had it for three days. Unknown to us she was using a cold pack to relieve some of the pain and itchiness. She was then placing the cold pack in a -40 degree freezer that we use for our products. The cold pack never actually touched the employees shingles. Do we need to sterilize the freezer ?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You do not need to do anything to the freezer. Until and unless there is direct contact with the lesion or you apply that cold pack directly to your skin there is no chance of transmission of the infection.

Hope this was helpful,