An old knee ingury

Q: My name is Geraldine and i am almost 16. a few years back, when i was in primary school i fell in the playground and i had to get 5 stitches in my right knee. the doctor didn't do a x-ray at the time. i was sent home and everything was fine.
on the 24 December 2010, i was in a car crash and my knee was very sore after that.(i used the imaginary brakes). i went to my GP and he got me to go to a physiotherapist. i did 4 sessions with a 2 week intervals between the weeks. at the last session she said there was nothing else she could do for me because i needed surgery.
i have now been waiting over a year for a consultant to see my leg. i don't even have an appointment date yet! we were told that i will be seen in at-least 6 months time. i am on the urgent list.
lately, i have been getting pins and needles in the leg and its either burning hot or freezing cold, it is always very painful and it clicks a is also swollen. i am now on crutches, i have been on them since well before Christmas.

i am writing to you to see if you could give me a diagnosis or if you could give me a way to stop the symptom.

anything information is appreciated.