Anal abscess burst, now lump, worry?

Patient

Q: Saturday night I felt a small tender bubble near my anus. By Sunday night there was an abscess the size of a quarter and domed shaped. It was so tender and swollen that I could not walk. I read to put warm compress and heat packs on it. All day Monday all I could do was lay in bed. Then Monday night I felt my leg was warm and it had burst and there was blood and puss and I wiped it.
Today is Tuesday, I can walk fine, just slightly tender when sitting down. Still slightly draining pus.
My question is, there is a hard mass under the soft skin where the abscess was. Is this normal? A friend said he had one and went to the Doctor (I have not, no insurance), and the Doctor said that this is normal that it is just scar tissue and a defense, and that it will go away with time.
Should I be worried? Should I go to the Doctor? I am taking antibiotics and pain medicine (Thank God, I had a tooth pulled the day before this, and got two prescriptions filled!)
I just don't want to die from MRSA or Staf infection..which I read you can sometimes get. Will the mass under the soft skin eventually go away, or do I have to go have it cut off and spend tons of $$?
Thanks Doc for any help you can provide me!!

Symptoms:  abscess, pain, lump, drainage, blood, pus
Doctor