Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Anal bleeding and risk for fissure

Anal bleeding and risk for fissure

Patient: Hello I had anal sex for the first time with my boyfriend this morning, he could not get all the way in due to the pain, afterwards i went to the toilet and noticed blood i passed a little bowel movement and was painful and bleeding, will this heal on its own? i have been prone to anal fissures in the past but has cleared up i still have cream for that and should i use it? Thank you.

Doctor: I would advice you to try warm sitz baths, lubricant cream like anusol, and a stool softener in case you have hard stool s to help the anal mucosa to heal. In case it does not subside then please consult a physician in person for a more detailed examination of the area.All the best