Anal Fistula - immediate treatment? emergency room?

Patient : Hello, I have an anal fistula, has been continually draining pus for a few months, I have an appointment with a doctor in France in 2 weeks, should I wait it out or should I be going to the emergency room?
Symptoms:  Pain, pus, anal fistula
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. From your description, it is clear that it is not an acute condition, so there is no need of an emergency surgery or emergency visit to your doctor. You can wait for 2 weeks. However, the prognosis of a fistula is dependent on the position of the external opening: either low or high anal fistula. A per rectal examination needs to be done and if your surgeon confirms that its a low anal fistula then he can operate it. In the case of a high anal fistula, it should be operated immediately as it can extend to the other side becoming a horseshoe fistula requiring complex surgery. If MRI shows horseshoe fistula, get operated immediately. You should also get your blood sugars checked. If sugars are high kindly get it controlled by taking proper medications as per physician before surgery. High sugars will further delay wound healing. Hope the consultation was beneficial, Regards