Anal Sex

Patient: Is there a safer way for a bisexual male to have anal sex with another man? I am aware of the use of condoms, but I also know that anal sex could increase my chances of certain types of cancer such as anal. Is there something I could do to minimize the risk?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There are two concerns here:The first is the risk of STD’s. STD’s can be transmitted anyt ime there is an exchange of bodily fluids. Some STD’s are spread by skin to skin contact.  The anal region is very rich in blood vessels and it is often easier to transmit STD’s via anal intercourse.  The risk is heightened further if there is any tearing or bleeding involved involved.The second risk, as you mentioned is of HPV (human papilloma virus) related cancers. The risk is low but not zero and I routinely swab gay and bisexual men in my practice for this cancer.The safest from of safe sex is to use a barrier method of contraception – in your case condoms.  The only safer method would be abstinence.

Guest: i am male , but actually get attracted with male only .. why ? whats the reason for this doctor ? pls explain ….