Anal Warts: What to do and What doctor to see

Patient: What type of doctor should i got to i just am guessing but pretty sure that’s what it is. What should be the next course of action. im male.

Doctor: The genital warts are the most common sexually-transmitted disease caused by a virus: the  human papillomavirus (HPV). I Infection with genital warts may not be obvious, and also can spread to the perianal area. You can consult your primary care physician or a proctologist.Here some useful measures : prevent trauma to the area, which can result in bleeding, prevent transmission to your sexual partner, the warts themselves are infectious so  avoid touching them. No single treatment is effective in eliminating warts and preventing them from coming back. Genital warts may go away on their own in about 10%-20% of people over a period of three to four months. There are various treatment options as follows: cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen), laser, electrodesiccation. If the genital warts are not successfully treated with the initial therapy, follow-up with your family doctor or a dermatologist to discuss options for alternative treatment