Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Analysis of my blood test results

Analysis of my blood test results

Patient: Bilirubin, Total 0.3 0.2 – 1.3 mgdL Urea Nitrogen BUN 23.0 7.0 – 17.0 mgdL Creatinine 0.90 0.70 – 1.20 mgdL Glucose 101 50 – 99 mgdL I just had phsyical and blood work done. I’m 52 yer old male and in good physical shape can you tell me anything about these levels found in my blood and what I might do to get them in a more normal level..

Doctor: Your blood test results are all within the normal range, except for the slight increase in BUN levels that may occur in conditions like shock, congestive heart failure, dehydration or even starvation, and a slightly impaired blood glucose level which signify a risk of development of type 2 diabetes in near future. Raised BUN may also occur in case of improper kidney function or liver disease. Increased fluid intake and a healthy diet may improve your BUN clearance. Try to avoid stress by routine exercise and meditation. You may also talk to your doctor for an assessment of kidney and liver function tests, EKG etc. to rule out any underlying conditions.