Anemia and taking care of myself

Patient

Q: I have anemia, im taking care of myself now, i was feeling really tired, then made some tests and just the anemia was there. Im still tired and with a flu, what type of fruits and vegetables are better for anemia? I want to be as healthy as possible

Symptoms:  Flu like
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. There are many fruits and vegetables you can eat to help you with your Anemia. Specifically you want to have vegetables that are high in iron and folate. We recommend that you try eating a lot of dark green, leafy vegetables such as spinach. You can also incorporate some legumes, like lentils and chick peas into your diet as well. If you fatigue continues, your medications may need to be adjusted or changed accordingly by your doctor. Engaging in daily exercise can also help your fatigue as well.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Guest: even my brother had anemia he is having leafy vegetables but on the contrary he is also taking medicines including tablets such as FOLIC ACID and FERROUS SULPHATE