Ankle fracture after care

Q: I broke my ankle a week and a half ago. But my foot is very swollen and blue, and has not reduced since I first broke it. Is this normal or should I go to the hospital? I'm worried about my circulation

Symptoms:  Swelling, blue skin

A:   Hello.
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You got ankle injury about a week ago. Now you have swelling of foot. It is normal to have foot swelling after broken ankle. If you have taken treatment of broken ankle then no need to worry. You need not to worry foot swelling will reduce gradually. Elevation and active toe movement help in reducing swelling. If you have not taken treatment for broken ankle then you need to visit hospital for its treatment.

Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.