x
Browse
152 Physicians Online

Question:

Ankle - old injury new bruise

I injured my ankle about 5 years ago - tore 4 ligaments completely and partial Achilles. This ankle is now bruised along the inside but I don't believe I reinjured it. Very sore to touch but moves fine. Is it normal for an injured ankle to become 're-bruised' spontaneously this far past the initial injury?

Answer:

No , it is not common without a previous traumatism, but if  there is no swelling , or instability and you have complete range of movements of the joint, maybe other causes for the bruise might be rule out, I advise you to get a consultation with a Orthopedic surgeon for a re evaluation as well with a  Internal Medicine doctor and may be perform some blood test to determine the cause of the problem.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA