Ankle pain that won't go away

Patient

Q: What is wrong with my ankle? I rolled it about a month and a half ago and I continued running a little on it for a month. It is severely painful to walk on and it gets worse the longer I am on it. It hurts on the top outside part of my foot and ankle. I would take a week off and it would get better then when I would run again it would hurt so bad I couldn't really walk. I have been on crutches the past couple weeks. I got X-rays but it didn't show a fracture and they said it might just be a strain. There is no swelling or bruising. I'm worried because nobody is really telling me what is going on.

Symptoms:  Pain while walking, stiffness, difficulty walking
Doctor