Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ankle Sprain Help Please

Ankle Sprain Help Please

Patient: I sprained my ankle almost 5 weeks ago and it was pretty severe. My ankle is really stiff now and I’ve been using exercises to strengthen it again. I’m still on crutches and ready to put them away. Should I get a boot or just wait until my ankle is ready?

Symptoms: Stiffness, swelling sometimes, minor pain

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”You might have done investigations and taken medic al advice for your sprain in ankles. If not please see your doctor.After 5 weeks, if the joint is still stiff then it could be a major problem. It is important to know the status of your ankle joint now.Nobody but your doctor can only tell you the status of your knee joint and further management.Please consult your doctor.wish you a speedy recovery.