Ankle sprains with torned ligaments

Patient : I sprain my ankle in july was in a boot for eight weeks. in sept I return to work n felt fine but the last couple of weeks my ankle has swo;;en and some numbness n at time cannot put a lot of weight on it. I work retail so I am on my feet for eight or nine hours
Symptoms:  Swelling,numbness,aching around the ankle bone
Doctor :   It is very unlikely that if you had a simple sprain in July, your pain would get aggravated now. There is a possibility that you might have ligament tear there. Get an MRI of the Ankle done. Varicose vein is also a possibility. Also get following to rule out other causes of such pain and swelling which you might be just co-relating to the injury you had: 1. Thyroid function tests. 2. Fasting blood sugar. 3. Liver and Kidney function test. 4. Urine for albumin. Till then, start doing hot fomentation daily. Sleep with leg raised position with a pillow beneath them. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.