Ankylosing spondylitis and growth hormone

Patient: Hi Doctor , i have ankylosing spondylitis and i am taking humira injection twice a gym trainer is suggesting me to take GH ( growth hormone ) for better result for my body.could you help me on the risk ?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Since you are suffering from Ankylosing spondylitis and you are already on treatment, i won’t advise you to take any supplements including testosterone, Growth hormone for body building purpose.You should not be playing with your body hormones now.Share my opinion with your doctor. I am sure he/she will agree to this.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy