Antibiotics and weight gain

Patient

Q: I've been on antibiotics for a UTI on and off the past few months (probably around 6 rounds total with 3 lasting for 3 days and 3 lasting for 5-7). It has mostly been cipro. I am wondering if this could cause weight gain? I am feeling a little heavier than normal but eat really healthy and exercise a lot so am not sure of the cause.

Symptoms:  Weight gain
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor]

No, Ciprofloxacin is not going to cause weight gain that too with a short-course antibiotic therapy.
You need to workout and find out other causes of weight gain.
Get your blood sugar tested.
Get your thyroid profile done.
Increase the dose if exercises and reduce the calorie intake.
Share my opinion with your Doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.