Antibiotics Stopped Working During Treatment

Patient

Q: I went to my doctor one week ago for penile discharge (yellow). I was tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea, which was negative. I was prescribed doxycycline 100mg twice daily for one week, which took care of the discharge for the first five days. During the treatment, a small patch of skin on the left side of my penis felt a little sensitive, but there were no visible changes to the skin. One day before my treatment ended, however, the discharge came back.

Symptoms:  Discharge from penis (milky white/yellow) skin sensitivity on penis
Doctor