Anxiety and diabetes?

Patient

Q: Ok, so my son has had a lot of anxiety these past few months, and a little depression. He hasn't had much energy, had some weight loss, trouble keeping up with his school work (college). This isn't normal for him, so when it got worse this last week he visited a doctor who immediately prescribed him an anti depressant. He took it a couple of days and said it made him feel worse so he quite taking it. He came home this weekend and told me he was having a lot of anxiety, so I asked him if his doctor had ordered a blood test. I was thinking maybe he had a hormone imbalance, or low thyroid or something. He hadn't, so I took him right over to our family doctor who thankfully was working the after hours clinic on Saturday. We had blood drawn and are waiting for the results tomorrow. In the meantime we have been scouring the internet for his symptoms and have come to the conclusion that maybe he has diabetes. Would anxiety be a symptom for diabetes? I haven't found it in any of the common symptoms but along with his other symptoms ( sudden strong aversion to sugar, loss of appetite, shakiness, no energy, feeling sick, his teeth hurt (?)) I am wondering if it could be caused by diabetes?

Symptoms:  Anxiety, loss of appetite, aversion to sugar, shakiness, heart racing, weight loss, feeling sick
Doctor