AnxietyI think I have it I really don't know what

Q: Anxiety...I think I have it I really don't know what to do I'm very scared to ask..I also think I have depression but I don't know...

Symptoms:  Panic..crying..scared

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

If you have an anxiety disorder, you should certainly get it treated. It occurs due to the imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain like serotonine, nor-epinephrine, and dopamine. This condition can be corrected with the help of medicines such as paroxetine, mirtazapine or venlafaxine. These medicines start showing improvement in 2-3 weeks and the illness requires a treatment of 6-8 months. During this period, try to do regular exercise and eat healthy food and try inculcating some hobby. If you averse to medicines, then cognitive behavioural therapy can help you in the treatment of this anxiety disorder. This is a specialized counselling technique mastered by clinical psychologists and is almost as effective as medicine.
You may meet your doctor and get these medicines prescribed, or you can request for a psychologist consult.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.