Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Anxious and stressed after 10 minutes of sex

Anxious and stressed after 10 minutes of sex

Patient: I had sex 3 days ago . Experienced cramps the day after sex and have been nauseous but I’m not sure whether it is because of acid reflux or just pure anxiety .i used protection and the condom didn’t break . Is it possible that I could be pregnant . Sex was only for 10 minutes and ever since then I’ve been anxious and stressed . Haven’t yet missed my period I should be getting it this week or beginning of next . I used to be on birth control but I stopped 2 months ago . I was on it for 3-4 years

Symptoms: I had sex 3 days ago . Experienced cramps the day after sex and have been nauseous but I’m not sure whether it is because of acid reflux or just pure anxiety .i used protection and the condom didn’t break . Is it possible that I could be pregnant . Sex was only for 10 minutes and ever since then I’ve been anxious and stressed . Haven’t yet missed my period I should be getting it this week or beginning of next . I used to be on birth control but I stopped 2 months ago . I was on it for 3-4 years

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The typical failure rate of condoms preventing pregnancy is around 18% according to the cen ter for disease control. Therefore, it is still possible to become pregnant even though your partner used a condom. We recommend that you wait to see if you have your period this month or not. If your period is late, we would suggest you perform a pregnancy test to determine if in fact you are pregnant.Your symptoms are most likely anxiety related. If however you have been diagnosed with GERD (‘acid reflux’) then we recommend you try to take some antacid medication like bismuth subsalicylate (pepto bismol) or omeprazole to help with your symptoms.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Patient: Does sex and stress in any way delay my period? When should I start worrying . My last period was June 7th (this is when it began) and it lasts from 5-7 days .