x
151 Physicians Online

Question:

Any alternative for Benicar HCT?

Is there a good alternative to Benicar HCT? It works well for me but is so expensive. I was on another drug before this but it had horrible coughing as a side effect. BenicarHCT has given me no side effects. Can you give me some leads or suggestions please?

Answer:

There is no alternative available for Benicar HCT at this time, since it has patent until 2016 and no other generic form of this medication would be available in the market until the patent expires. The only option is to talk to your doctor about switching over to other blood pressure medication with similar results and fewer side effects.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.