Appropriate age for protein drinks

Q: Hello
i am a 15 year old boy who has been lifting for a year. can i start talking protein shakes and what effect does it have on my body?

A:   Hi, good to know that you are so much concerned about your health. Firstly protein shakes are not necessary for teenagers and you can get adequate protein through the diet. Having said that protein shakes help teens meet their recommended dietary allowance, drinking to many high-protein shakes may cause protein toxicity and which as dangerous side effects and unwanted weight gain. For you the daily requirement is 52grams but since you work out regularly you may just need little bit more. making your own protein shake at home with available milk, fruit and nuts, butter, cashew nut, almonds,peanuts is better than sipping on the formula based protein shakes.