Approximately how far into my pregnancy am I

Patient : Hey there. I am confused about how far along into my pregnancy I am. My last period started on the 1st of January. I was due again on the 29th of January but it didnt come so I did a test on the 6th of February and it was positive. I went to a doctor on the same day and he said I was only 5 days pregnant. Is this correct? He told me I had to wait another five weeks before I have my first ultrasound.
Symptoms:  Positive pregnancy test
Doctor :   Hi. Thank you or writing to ATD. Gestational age is counted in weeks from the first day of your last menstrual perio d. Hence on 6th of February, you should have been 5.2 weeks pregnant. If a facility for transvaginal sonography (TVS) is available, a gestational sac or the outer covering of the baby is visible inside the mother's womb at around 5 weeks. With an abdominal scan, the sac is first visible at around 6 - 7 weeks. The baby's heart beat is first visible on TVS at around 6 - 7 weeks and one week later with an abdominal scan. There has been some mis-communication between you and your doctor and I recommend you see him again and have an open discussion regarding your doubts. Hope this helps.