Are blueberries filled with sugar and make you fat?

Q: Is eating blueberries for you good? I love the taste of them and have a few with breakfast every single morning. My mom says it has too much sugar and is making me fat.

A:   Everything within moderation is fine to consume. A serving of 10-15 blueberries a day is healthy as they contain great antioxidants for your body. They have a very low glycemic index versus other fruits so in moderation you don't have to worry about the sugar making you fat. Just remeber not to consume too much fruit everyday and everything in moderation is great for you. Hope this helps

Patient: I love blueberries. I have them with some yogurt and museli every single morning. Gives me some great energy.
Guest: Blueberries are great for immunity as well as overall health :)