Are contraception pills good for health?

Patient

Q: Whether taking contraception pills is good for health? I mean, will this intake of pills for about an year cause any problem when i wish to get pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Oral contraceptive pills of latest generation are almost free of any side effects. Adherence to treatment schedule is only important issue. Consumption for longer periods is recommended and fertility restores after stopping pills intake. It might take 3 months to restore for normal menses after stopping pills. Young unmarried girls can be advised to go for pills whereas married young women, if contraception needed for longer period, IUCD insertion is a better option.