October 16, 2018

Are morning after pills safe for kidney transplant patients

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Are morning after pills safe for kidney transplant patients

Patient: Is the morning after pill safe for kidney transplant patients? I have a kidney transplant January of 2011 and recently during intercourse the condom ripped so would it be safe for me? I have asthma and no other medical problems. I am currently taking cellcept and tacrolimus.

Doctor: Unless you are having an unexplained or abnormal vaginal bleeding, are pregnant, have liver disease or history of breast cancer, emergency contraceptive pill containing progestins-only are safe to use. The side effects include nausea, vomiting, irregular menstrual bleeding.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

×
Show

×
Show

Sponsored Ad