Are my Progesterone levels too low?

Q: I have been trying to conceive for one year. I am 26 years old my husband is 30 years old. No luck so far. I have had two 21 day progesterone tests done. One done at 5dpo which came back at 45 and one at 8dpo which came back at 38. (I am from Canada I believe in the US you divide that number by 3.18 so that would be 14.15 and 11.94. I have pre menstrual spotting. Anywhere from 5dpo - 13dpo but more commonly starting from 9dpo. My naturopath has prescribed me progesterone cream but she also warned me this can act as a birth control but she says my progesterone is quiet low. Reading online it looks like it is in the normal range. My family doctor has no opinion and says she doesn't know much about the topic. I have been referred to a gynecologist but it's been 4 months and still no appointment. I also had a trans vaginal ultrasound and it came back good. I am wondering if you think taking the progesterone is a good idea for me? Do you feel my numbers are too low? Thank you.

Symptoms:  Pre Menstrual Spotting

A:   Your progesterone level is usually checked on about day 21 of a day 28 cycle or 6 to 8 days after ovulation to check if ovulation has actually occurred. This is because progesterone levels rise following ovulation, peaking five to nine days after ovulation. This period is known as your luteal phase. Low progesterone levels on luteal phase testing generally suggest an ovulation problem. This is usually treated by ovulation stimulation medicines in women who are trying to conceive or by progesterone supplements in women with recurrent miscarriages.
The normal values for these tests are laboratory specific. However for most laboratories, a value of more than 15ng/ml or 30nmol/lt are normal. You seem to have a normal progesterone value and progesterone creams are not really indicated if you trying to conceive naturally.

Patient: Thank you very much for your response! Makes sense. I appreciate your time.