Are my symptoms due to depression?

Patient

Q: I think I may be depressed. I often feel sad, and I have lost interest in activities I once enjoyed, I find it harder to get to sleep when I go a bed, cus of this I am always tired. I also feel guilty and find it harder to concentrate.And finally I feel hopeless and worthless, and I feel like I'm losing everyone around me and causing them pain. Thankyou

Doctor

A:   From your description mentioned above it seems that you may be suffering from depression. However confirm diagnosis can only be made after consultation with your doctor or a psychiatrist. Psycho therapy, guided towards behaviour and cognitive therapy would be a better option for treatment along with antidepressant medications.A healthy diet, routine exercise and joining support groups may also help.