Are stomach pains an early sign of pregnancy?

Patient : Hi there, i am a 21 year old girl that has ben trying to conceive with my boyfriend of 3 years. Last monday i began my period but didnt relise until after me and my boyfriend had sex, now a week later i am having pains, could this be early signs of pregnacy
Symptoms:  'cramp' like pains in my stomach and under my right ribcage
Doctor :   It's too early to say. You will have to wait for your due date before you can check for pregnancy. Your symptoms may be for some other reason. Please consult your doctor if they do not subside in a few days or if they get worse.