Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Are symptoms the same when having a second medical abortion

Are symptoms the same when having a second medical abortion

Patient: Are symptoms the same when having a second medical abortion. Or is it different. My first one I bleed for a long time so will it be relatively the same?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually the symptoms and signs of abortion will be relative ly same in first and second abortions.Generally active bleeding during abortion can be seen in first 48 to 72 hours then spotting can be seen for one week to ten days.If you experience more bleeding than this, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated to rule out the possibility of retained products of conception.Take care