Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Are there accurate depressions tests online?

Are there accurate depressions tests online?

Patient: Are there any accurate online depression test to see if you have depression?

Symptoms: I don’t know wether I’m depressed or just down

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.All the online tests available are for s creening depression and none of them are for diagnosing depression. It would be wise to opt for Hamilton depression rating scale available online to screen depression and then if found positive then you should consider meeting a doctor. A doctor is the person who can diagnose your depression and start you on anti-depressant medicines.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!