Are these allergy symptoms?

Patient

Q: For the last ten to fourteen days, I have had a persistent cough (lozenges don't seem to have any positive effect), head aches, and a sore throat that is so severe I sometimes have trouble swallowing. Sometimes my eyes water and my ears ring. In addition I have off and on pain running from my ear down through the side of my neck. I wasn't sure if I had a bacterial infection. I was wondering if this may be hay fever?

Symptoms:  Persistent cough, sore throat, heavy chest, trouble swallowing from time-to-time, on-and-off headaches, ringing in ears, watery eyes
Doctor