Are these birth control side effects or pregnancy?

Patient : Are these birth control side effects or pregnancy? I have been on birth control pill for almost two weeks (before mirena) had have had protected sex with it, so not sure what is happening.
Symptoms:  fatigue, headaches, swollen and tender breasts, mild cramping, lower back pain, also dark brown discharge, hot flashes
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The symptoms you are describing are likely due to your body's response to starting your bir th control. It may take some time for the body to become accustomed to the exogenous supply of hormones from your birth control, and as result it will react by causing breast tenderness, cramping, fatigue, and some discharge. If however, your symptoms worsen, we recommend that you see your doctor immediately. You could possible be having an adverse reaction to the specific type of contraceptive you are using, and you will need change it. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com