Are these symptoms of asthma?

Patient: I am facing the problem, shortness of breath for last two days. Also have this tendency to yawn now and then, as if i get enough oxygen if i yawn though I actually don’t. do i have asthma? is there no cure for it??? i smoke sometimes. I also have a pain in my chest for last two days. Thanx.

Doctor: Asthma symptoms range from minor to severe and vary from person to person. The symptoms include shortness of breath, che st tightness or pain and coughing or wheezing. If you have frequent coughing and shortness of breath that lasts more than a few days or any other signs or symptoms of asthma, see your doctor. In order to rule out other possible conditions, your doctor will do a physical exam and ask you questions about your signs and symptoms and about any other health problems. You may also be given lung (pulmonary) function tests to determine how much air moves in and out as you breathe.

Guest: I was giving an inhaler in the military for couching and wheezing for 1 week, I never had a history of asthma , what effects would an inhaler have to a person who didn’t need one?