Are these symptoms of UTI?

Patient : Hi, I'm 24 years old and have an active sex life. Around 5 days back I had sex with my boyfriend a couple of times in a single day. Since then, I have burning sensation in my vagina whenever i urinate. Its not increasing or decreasing but is becoming a concern for me. This has never happened before and we used condom during sex. My vagina doesn't look red or swollen and seems pretty normal. Can you please suggest some anti allergic cream or medicine. Thanks.
Doctor :   You may have contracted a urinary tract infection which typically presents with burning on urination. However I would al so like to rule out an Sexually transmitted infection if you are also getting symptoms of any vaginal discharge. There is no anti allergic medication which will help with the same. You need to see you GP for a urine test and certain antibiotics will be prescribed to you. All the best.

Related Q&A

Q: I have a fever on thurday i took advil to prevent and then on friday night I have problem of frequent urination

Q: Looking for only a urologist Dr KUMAR to answer this So as a recap in mid December, she developed an ecoli uti. It...

Q: I think I have a UTI. I am on Accutance 10 mg/per day. Is there a safe antibiotic to take?

Q: 85 year old female. Has ostomy bag (bladder removed 20 years ago). Patient has had chronic UTIs in the last 6 month...

Q: Hi i have been diagnosed with e coli in my urine.I have had problems passing urine and also have a bloated feeling in...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon