x
189 Physicians Online

Question:

Are uterine Fibroids and Breast Fibroids the same thing?

Are uterine Fibroids and Breast Fibroids the same thing...just located in a different part of your bodyo?

Answer:

Uterine fibroids are composed predominately of muscle and connective tissue vs Breast fibroids which are caused by changes in fluid level of breast cells due to hormonal changes.
Certainly both are abnormal growths found in different parts of the body. The presence of breast fibroids can increase the risk of breast cancer because the cells that form the fibroids no longer respond correctly to signals that control cell growth and division. I hope I cleared your doubt.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA