Are Vegetable smooties helpful in controlling diabetes?

Patient

Q: Is a juice and green smoothie fast safe for Type 2 Diabetics? The juices and green smoothies I'm interested in would be high in leafy greens and lower carb vegetables and low in fruits and higher carb vegetables.

Doctor

A:   Vegetable smoothies are excellent in diabetes control. Taking this diet requires you to replace one of your meal with a vegetable smoothie. Try to avoid adding cauliflower, brussels sprouts, broccoli and kale in your vegetable smoothies. These vegetables are better for you when eaten cooked. Also avoid adding any high calorie protein supplement to the smoothie.