Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Around mid-January, I gave unprotected oral sex I did not

Around mid-January, I gave unprotected oral sex I did not

Patient: Around mid-January, I gave unprotected oral sex. I did not swallow the semen and immediately rinsed out my mouth and brushed my teeth of pre-semen. 2 months later, I was worried that I had HIV, although I experienced absolutely no symptoms, but I took a test nonetheless and it turned negative. Now I’m worried that I went to early for the results to be correct. Now my mom won’t let me get another test. My question is, is 2 MonthS after possible contraction enough time.I have since regretted what I did and pray to God sincerely for good news. The worry has literally taken over my life, no,joke,from the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.In your case, the chances of getting HIV are very remote. See, HIV can occur through oral sex, though chances are very less but yes, once can contract of the partner is HIV positive.Since you have got your test done after 2 months of exposure, you had already crossed the window period at the time of getting the test. So, after 2 months, if you are negative for HIV, you are not HIV infected as we consider a negative test after 2 months of exposure, that too low risk exposure in an asymptomatic individual as negative test.So, just relax, and promise yourself that you will not repeat the activity again.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thank you so much Doctor. May God bless you inshallah