Ask The Doctor > Pending > Around my mouth area only, for around ten years I

Around my mouth area only, for around ten years I

Patient: Around my mouth area only, for around ten years I have suffered from spots. It looks like acne because there are so many of them and really close together. I have been the doctors over this an have been told I do not have acne and I was prescribed steroid cream. Every product I have ever tried hasn’t worked! Because the skin under the spot is red, I look like I have a rash constantly around my mouth. The spots are often itchy and are like small, sore, blackhead type spots. I get the regular huge spot which have left scars on my face without me picking them. I am starting to feel really self concious and will not leave my house without make up on which I hate wearing!! I cannot make eye contact with people without make up on and am feeling really depressed about it. Could it be that I have periorial dermatitis? Or have I got acne? Or is there something wrong with my blood? I don’t no what to do. Please help!

Around my mouth area only, ...-1

Doctor: