Ascites in Advanced Cervical Cancer

Patient : I had my cervix and 2 lymph nodes removed due to cervical cancer on 3/25/10, i was having severe pain in my back and abdomen a week following the surgery, there was a build up of fluid in my abdomen, they put a drain tube in my stomach and decided it was lyphatic fluid, on 4/2/10. I still have the drain in and im draining about 1000ml a day, which i feel is alot. is this normal?
Doctor :   It seems that you may have advanced cervical cancer which has spread abdomen. This is the cause of the fluid accumulatin g in the abdomen. There is really no “normal” amount if fluid that should be drained per day. 1000 ml/day is a lot of fluid and unfortunately I do not think the drainage will decrease over time as the cause of the fluid cannot be addressed by surgery.