Ashy-like area on shaft of penis

Q: Okay, so I have this area on the leftish area of my shaft that has a very ashy look. It is pretty much white but only when my penis is dry. Otherwise it is basically unnoticeable. The area itself is not raised, does not hurt or bother me in any way, it is just there on the skin. I thought it may be some sort of yeast infection because I have had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and have stopped for about 2 weeks out of worry. I thought it may be a yeast infection and tried tea tree oil as well as lotrimin(an antifungal cream I picked up from walgreens). It has not spread very much and has not gone away for about a month. Any help would be great.

Symptoms:  No symptoms, just the ashy like area that is NOT raised or spreading.