Asthama query

Patient

Q: I am 25 years old. In past few days, I am suffering with high cold and cough. At times I feel breathless. I never had cold or cough before but I have had breathless problems at night twice a year or so. Also, I have gas problems. I was being treated for urticaria since 6 months but never had skin with rashes. Whenever I breath around the window near a tulsi tree in my house, the breathlessness would cure. My blood report shows high eosinopholis and IGE absolute count. My doctor said that the xray shows lungs as black. which should be grey, which shows lot of obstruction. and thus is a sign of asthama. Can that be true ?

He also made me conduct a pulmonary function test. The nurse asked me to blow air and measured lung capacity. The results were poor. However, I argued that I have cold and cough and that could impact the capacity with which I can breath. Was it the right time to conduct this test ?

Thanks

Doctor