Asthma and heartburn-The nagging cough

Q: I have had a cough for several months and i have asthma. I am also experiencing increasing heartburn and stitches. i am worried this may be more than just a cough. My meeting with my consultant was yesterday and i told him about the cough but not the heartburn etc...

I am using steroids that were prescribed before for my asthma and my inhalers are the salamol and seretide.

At a long shot i am really fearing this may be signs of a serious health problem, and i just want to know what it is and what i can do to make it stop.

Symptoms:  Coughing and heartburn