Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Asthma exacerbation lasting 2 weeks

Asthma exacerbation lasting 2 weeks

Patient: I’ve had asthma for 25 years. For the past 2 weeks I jave had to ise my nebulizer with duoneb q4 due to dyspnea that comes on like clock work. Non productive cough, no fever, spo2 96. No new meds or activities. I moved from Ohio to GA 2 MONTHS ago. I dont currently have insurance, so am unable to see a physician. I do have prednisone at my local pharmacy. Any idea what may be bringing on this sudden exacerbation?

Symptoms: Coughing, wheexing, shortnedd of breath with or without activity.

Doctor: Nebulization with Duoneb is best option when ever you have acute episode. You can increase the frequency as and when req uired. You can add Bedecort nebs q8 hours on top of it. For oral steroids, consult physician for correct dosage and further evaluation.