Asthma or Chest Congestion?

Patient

Q: Hi. I'm a 17 yr old female and I've been sick for the past week and a half. It all started with post nasal drip, I had to swallow every 5 seconds or so. My nose was very congested and I could feel it. I did not have a runny nose.
The second day it seemed the congestion went from my nose to my chest. That weird "congested" feeling I had felt on my nose, I was feeling it in my chest now. I was short of breath, I was breathing very quickly even though I was just sitting. My chest also felt tight, as if someone was sitting on me. I wasn't wheezing.

For the past 10 days I've been coughing A LOT (twice to the point it made me throw up a bit), like every 5 to 10 seconds literally. My throat is now irritated from coughing so much and my voice is hoarse. Now my nose is a bit better, but still congested. I don't feel any post nasal drip anymore, even though I still can feel the mucus "trapped" in my throat and I still cough a lot. Sometimes because my throat itches, but sometimes I feel like the urge to cough comes from the chest. I should also mention most times it's a dry cough, but sometimes it brings up mucus. The mucus is yellow-greenish and thick. I haven't felt shortness of breath the past couple of days, but I still get tired very easily if I have to walk somewhere (outdoors).
I don't have a fever and I have never been diagnosed with sinusitis, rhinitis, asthma and no allergies that I know of.

Can someone help me here? Usually when I get sick it's the typical 1-week cold or flu, but this one is taking too long and I had never felt my chest like this before, or the post-nasal drip. Could it be asthma? or "just" a chest congestion?

Doctor