Asthma outta control need advice

Patient

Q: I am a 23 yr old female with an extensive medical history. The basics of it are lukemiea, bipolar,anorexiea,bulemiea,substance abusce disorder in full remisson, pyhcsis,hypothyrisim, chronic dry eye, asthma, irregheart rythem gred and nf1... my asthma has been acting up past couple weeks so I went to my pcp and they put me on the medrol pack about five days I now am having issues when I breath deaply with it hurting along the breast bone my question is should I.go to.er tonight or should I.call.my doc in the am... I live alone so there is no one to watch me over night

Symptoms:  Wezzing , chest tightness , light headness
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We are very sorry you are having such a distressing time with your asthma. Given your extensive medical history, and the fact that you are experiencing central chest pain and difficulty breathing we would strongly recommend that you go to your emergency department for immediate evaluation and treatment. You were also diagnosed with an irregular heart beat, and as a result this chest pain you are experiencing could be related to your heart. Please seek medical attention immediately.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com