Asthma relief in a seven year old child

Patient

Q: Is it okay for a seven year old to use Predkid( prednisilone solution) with Tussadryl compound linctus to relieve moderate asthma?

Doctor

A:   Asthma is one of the most common reasons for children to present for acute evaluation. Some exacerbations warrant admission for inpatient care, but many can be managed effectively on an outpatient basis with a combination of avoiding environmental triggers, inhaled ?-agonists, a short course of oral steroids, and close follow-up. Traditionally, a short course of steroids (prednisone or prednisolone for 5 days) has been recommended. However, I would advise that you consult your child's pediatritian for proper evaluation of your child's symptoms.