At 1230 this morning, I started having sharp pains in

Q: At 1230 this morning, I started having sharp pains in my stomach along with cold chills causing excessive shivering. This lasted for about a good hour where it subsided enough to sleep. Right now I feel some pain when I walk sometimes even when I take deep breaths.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Sharp pain in abdomen with chills and shivering followed by pain in the abdomen on walking and deep breathing indicates that there is an inflammatory process going on in the abdomen.
The most common causes are:
- Gastroenteritis.
- Cholecystitis
- Liver or any abscess.

This can be diagnosed well on the following investigations:
- CBC, LFT and other investigations.
- Ultrasonography and X-ray of the abdomen.
Further investigations and treatment as per the findings of the above investigations.